Physical Therapy is a branch of rehabilitation medicine addressing musculoskeletal and movement dysfunction. Physical therapists help people improve their balance, endurance, flexibility, mobility, and strength through the use of exercise, patient education, movement training, and manual therapy techniques. The goal of physical therapy is most often to minimize pain while maximizing function and quality of life. At IPTR, we provide one-on-one, patient-specific, hands-on physical therapy to each individual client. We ask that our clients come ready to be an engaged and active participant in their care.
Our full service clinic offers a variety of modalities and treatment options to meet each client’s needs.
Physical therapy is often recommended for the following:
- back pain
- cerebral vascular accident (stroke)
- chronic pain
- developmental delays
- fall prevention & balance training
- gait disorders (difficulty walking)
- injury recovery
- joint pain (shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, wrist, ankle)
- neck pain
- pre- and post-operative rehabilitation
- progressive neurological conditions (e.g. Parkinson’s disease, ALS)
- sports / orthopedic injuries
- strength and flexibility training
- traumatic brain injury
- work and motor vehicle-related injuries
Please contact us at (360) 370-5226 to learn more about our physical therapy services, or visit our staff page to learn about our physical therapists.