Speech-language pathologists, informally known as speech therapists, are professionals educated in the study of human communication, its development, and its disorders. At IPTR our speech therapists assess speech, language, cognitive-communication, and oral/feeding/swallowing skills to identify and treat problems.
Speech therapy is often recommended for the following conditions:
- Apraxia and other articulation disorders
- Cancer of the head and neck
- Cerebral vascular accident (stroke)
- Cognitive Impairment
- Developmental delay
- Dysfluency (stuttering)
- Feeding and swallowing problems
- Progressive neurological disease (e.g. Parkinson’s disease or ALS)
- Respiratory problems
- Traumatic brain injury (head injury)
Please contact us at (360) 370-5226 to learn more about our speech therapy services, or visit our staff page to learn about our speech and language pathologist.